Saturday, May 5, 2018

Make it Crafty May Challenge: FLORA

Happy Saturday everyone! The new Make it Crafty Coloring Challenge for the month of May is FLORA. You can color grass, trees, flowers, shrubs, anything you like that is flora. Zoe decided to broaden the challenges to give you some extra room to experiment, however the design team were not so lucky. She gave each DT gal an ‘inside’ challenge specifying which area she wanted us to personally tackle. My "inside challenge" was TREE TRUNK!
 
For my card, I combined some images to create a scene. The tree is called Tree of Love and the characters are Scott and Penny Sitting In Love. I printed them on Cryogen Cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers.
 
 Copics: 
Skin: E000, E51, E21, E11, E15 
Penny's Hair: YR27, YR23, Y13 
Scott's Hair: C2, C7, Black 
Pink: R81, R83, R85, R39 
Red: R24, R27, R29, R39 
Blue: B93, B95, B97, B99 
Grass: YG25, YG93, YG95, G99 
Tree: YG23, YG25, YG17, YG67, G28 
Tree Trunk: E42, E43, E44, E47, E49 
Sky: B000
 
For the tree trunk, I started by coloring the entire trunk in E42. This image already has some of the shading lined out for you so that makes an awesome starting point.



Next, I start laying down my darkest shadows using E49.



Then I come in with E47, E44, and E43.



I keep moving the colors out from the darkest shadow until I have thin areas of light. At the end I go over it all with E42. Sometimes I have to come back in with the darker colors and put down another layer for it to blend.



I hope to see all of you playing along with this challenge! You can link up HERE. I know it’s hard to believe, but all of us on the team have our fears with each challenge Zoe gives us. But I guarantee if you try it, you will find that it is less intimidating the more you get into it. There are NO failed attempts if you try. You will always learn something from the process! And remember, Zoe and the rest of us are always here to help. All you have to do is ask!!
 
Hugs, 
Rosie

No comments: