Sunday, August 6, 2017

7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store: Cas-ual Fridays Mermaids

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend so far! Today, I'm sharing a card for 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store using these beautiful mermaid silhouettes from the Cas-ual Fridays Mermaids Clear Stamp Set. Aren't they gorgeous?! I can see so many uses for this stamp set. I've got some ideas flowing...I just need to find the time to do them!
 7 Kids has an awesome selection of Cas-ual Fridays stamps HERE. You are going to love this line!

The first thing I did to make this card was create the under-the-sea background. I used several Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, and Seedless Preserves. I used a sponge applicator and swirled my colors all over the watercolor paper. After I achieved the look I was going for, I took a wet paintbrush and tapped it against a pen to get wet splatters all over. Then I took some paper towel and dabbed up the ink.

For the mermaids, I stamped them onto the left over pieces of my watercolored paper with Versamark, and then heat embossed them with Black Embossing Powder. I then fussy cut them out and attached them to my card with pop-dots.


Don't forget about our current ANYTHING GOES Challenge on the 7 Kids Challenge Blog. Just click on the link on the Challenge Blog (right side bar) to upload your card for a chance at winning a $20 gift certificate to the store! Please use products from the 7 Kids Store on your uploaded projects.

Have a great Sunday my friends!
Rosie

No comments: